Aerial KK - Representative Director, CEO
Aerial Law Offices - Managing Principal
Harry Tanaka has over 20 years of experience in entertainment and media space as business management and legal in Japan, Korea and the United States.
He was the Japan General Manager of Studio Motion Pictures and Media Distribution for the Walt Disney Company, capping seventeen year career at Disney as the top local corporate executive. The Walt Disney Company is the largest Hollywood movie studio in Japan.
He has led all major divisions of the company; theatrical features, home video distribution, television, streaming and interactive.
He began his career at Disney as a legal counsel joining from Nishimura & Asahi law firm, and has held sales, marketing, and business development positions within Disney before he was promoted to management positions.
He has held leading member positions within major Japan industry associations for movies, home entertainment, and digital content industries.
The Walt Disney Company Japan (2002-2019)
- General Manager, Studio Motion Pictures
- General Manager, Media Distribution
- Sales & Marketing, Studio In-Home
- Business Development, Business & Legal Affairs, Television
- Representative Director, Broadcast Satellite Disney Co., Ltd. (2009-2011)
Covington & Burling (Washington DC, Brussels) (2001-2002)
Nishimura & Asahi (1996-2002)
Keio University, Faculty of Law (1992) Majored in international law, space laws and United Nations
New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Trade Regulation (2001)
Admitted in New York State (2002-)
Admitted in Japan (Dai-Ichi Tokyo Bar) (1996-)
Tourist Guide License (1989-)
- Juror, International Emmy Awards, The International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (2013-2017)
- Visiting Professor: Graduate School of Film Producing "Strategies in Hollywood Business (2007)
- Lecturer at Keio University Graduate School of Media Design and Kansei Gakuin University Graduate School (2008-2017)
- Vice-Chairman, Japan Content Group (JCG) (2016-)
- Motion Picture Association (MPA) Japan (2018-2019)
- Examiner, Film Classification and Rating Association (2018-2019)
- Board Member, Japan Video Software Association (JVA) (2015-2017)
- Co-Chair, Steering Committee, Digital Entertainment Group (DEG) (2014-2017)
- "Post-Napster: P2P File Sharing" Loyola of Los Angeles Entertainment Law Review Volume 22 (2001)